Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Mission Moment

First,  thanks for the contributions to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society so far.  I found out I am one of the top ten fundraisers, so far,  in the entire state of GA for the summer 2012 event season.   I will be responding to each of you individually this weekend.   I've gotten some unexpected contributions with moving personal stories about lost loved ones.   The most recent this week was about a 29 y.o. mother of two young children who died recently of leukemia, when available treatments just weren't effective.  Her aunt, a friend, made a donation because the loss was so personal for her family.

The TNT organization is great to frequently remind us about the real mission which of course isn't about blister pads, swim goggles, and bike fittings.    Read the enclosure about Doug, our special honored hero in Savannah.  I had the pleasure of talking to Doug during the Rock-n-Roll Marathon here last fall.  He is a special guy and exemplifies the mission of TNT and the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.  He was days from death when his leukemia was finally diagnosed after many mis-steps with doctors.  His treatments, like the ones funded by TNT research funds, saved his life.   He is not only basking in that success, but he is actively involved with TNT and raises money for LLS.

The training is going great.   I am doing 800 meters in the pool each outing.  The breathing is becoming less and less labored.  Tomorrow I have a lesson on breast stroke.   I will be stepping up my biking and running now that I feel the water part is somewhat under control.   I hope to have more pix over the weekend.

1 comment: