Thursday, May 10, 2012

Tri Minus 11 wet suit drama (not)

The question to wear a wet suit or not got settled very quickly.   Coach Laura practically came through the computer to say "NO!".   I like unambiguous answers.

First,  she said nobody should wear one in the event without extensive practice wearing one.  That meets my first common sense test.   Second, she was really convincing when she stated that arm movement can feel restricted,  breathing is different, and voila! panic can set in.   That was all I needed to hear.   I have panic in bushel loads right now so don't need more panic.
Day minus 11 was a bit of a charlie fox-trot if you know what I mean by that military term.   I didn't get much done.    I did hear about a conference call on Friday with the Atlanta TNT staff to give us our marching orders.  Since only three of us Savannah girls are going to Lake Lanier,  a local staff person won't go and we will be part of the greater GA team.  The staff people are very nice and will look after us well, especially with those things that relate to safety--especially with a water event that is important.

Countdown continues....

No comments:

Post a Comment